Amy Lyn says that “28 Day’s Later” is the movie that changed her opinion of the zombie movie genre and she’s now a fan.
Amy Lyn agrees with Sam that Peter Jackson should be on the list but says that “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy totally deserves all the hype and praise it gets. From the perfect casting to the last costume, it was a thrilling adventure, an emotional roller coaster, a fantastic retelling of a cherished classic. As far as “Dead Alive”, she spent the majority of the movie peaking through her fingers and trying not to throw up in the aisle. She still gets a bit queasy thinking about the ear in the soup. BLECK! Not one of her favorites,to be sure, but it definitely got the reaction Jackson was going for.
James Cameron: “Terminator 2: Rise of the Machines” is one of my favorite movies and I think that “True Lies” is the best Schwarzenegger movie, but I can’t forgive him for “Titanic” and “Avatar” two of the most over rated bad movies of all time.
Amy Lyn is a big fan of the Terminator, T2 and Aliens. But she disagrees with Sam’s assessment of “Titanic“. Although she’s not a fan of chick flicks or overly romanticized horrifying events, this was truly an epic film. She did like “Avatar” but agrees that it really was over rated and didn’t live up to the hype.
Amy Lyn believes after Sam watches “The Untouchables”, “Body Double”, and “The Black Dahlia” De Palma will be moved onto his top directors list, especially if she can find a copy of “Raising Cain“ with the extremely creepy John Lithgow.
Christopher Nolan: The “Dark Knight” is the best batman movie to date, even though I do think it is a little over-rated. But “Inception” I do not like. I think this is one of the most over rated movies of all time right behind Avatar.But, I think I need to watch “Inception” again, seeing as how pretty much everybody thinks that it is one of the best movies ever made. “The Prestige” on the other hand I think is extremely under rated, and is very similar in style tone and focus as the movie “The Illusionist” another great movie
Amy Lyn totally agrees with Sam on this one. “Inception” was ok but not as mind-blowing as she had been told. Maybe watching it through again will give her a different perception, but she’s not holding her breath.
Amy Lyn disagrees that “Public Enemies”was disappointing. The movie was not as fast paced and action packed that most of this genres movies are. But, she liked Michael Mann’s telling of John Dillinger’s story which showed a different side to the gangster never seen before. As always, Johnny Depp is flawless in his performance.
- Peter Jackson Responds to Mixed Reviews About Early ‘Hobbit’ Footage (hollywood.com)
- Michael Mann (seriousfilmz.wordpress.com)
- James Cameron Wants to Convert Everyone to 5D [James Cameron] (gizmodo.com)
- James Cameron Recounts Epic Journey to the Deepest Place on Earth (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Hollywood Director James Cameron Moving to New Zealand (musicians4freedom.com)
- James Cameron: Do as I say, not as I do (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Tim Burton Compares His ‘Batman’ Movies to Nolan’s; Kevin Feige Praises ‘The Dark Knight’ (screenrant.com)
- Why Is Christopher Nolan So Secretive? (geektyrant.com)
- Cool New DARK KNIGHT RISES Promo Art (geektyrant.com)